SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
The HUMAN right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, have children, not have children, and parent the children we have in safe and sustainable communities.SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
We say their names: Toni M. Bond Leonard, Reverend Alma Crawford, Evelyn S. Field, Terri James, Bisola Marignay, Cassandra McConnell, Cynthia Newbille, Loretta Ross, Elizabeth Terry, ‘Able' Mable Thomas, Winnette P. Willis, and Kim Youngblood.
We invite you to join the work! Visit https://www.thetaskforce.org/reproductive-justice
Reproductive Justice: CA Legislatures
- AB 2586, Cristina Garcia. Reproductive and sexual health inequities.
- CA Legislative Women’s Caucus & FAB Council Announce 2023 Bill Package on Reproductive Justice & Abortion Rights
Books and Articles
- Killing the Black Body
- Undivided Rights
- My Miserable, Lonely, Lesbian Pregnancy
- Labor of Love: The Story of One Man's Extraordinary Pregnancy
- Dads: A Gay Couple’s Surrogacy Journey in India
- Labor of Love: The Story of One Man’s Extraordinary Pregnancy
- My Abortion Allowed Me to Control My Own Destiny. Millions of Others Deserve The Same Chance.
- Histories of the Transgender Child
Documentaries, Films, and Videos
Black Mothers Matter: Racism and Childbirth in America
Trans Couple Pause Transition To Become Parents (USA: Barcroft TV, 2017)
Transparent (USA: Jules Rosskam, 2005)
Amá (Navajo for Mother) from Lorna Tucker exposes the forced sterilization of thousands of Native American women by the USA Government.
Belly of the Beast tells the story of a courageous young woman and a radical lawyer who discover a pattern of illegal sterilizations in California’s women’s prisons.