Art and culture is an important differentiating element of Riverside’s Inland Empire Pride Festival. These elements aim to educate LGBTQ+ history and experiences art installations by festival-produced and locally curated artists
On this page:
- Interactive Exhibit – Closet Doors
- Participation Opportunities
Interactive Exhibit – Closet Doors
- Interactive art exhibit where local artists design free-standing doors to symbolize the closet.
- Visitors to symbolically come through the closet doors and find a loving surrogate family member on the other side.
- Partnered with Free Mom Hugs SoCal – an organization that fights to provide love and acceptance to those who have been disowned to prevent suicide.
- Coming out is a privilege that not everyone has, and for those who have, their experiences might not have been great. Through this exhibit, we hope to provide folks with an outlet to express themselves, an opportunity for those who have not been able to come out, or a healing chance for those who have not had a great experience.
🎨 HistoryWalk 🎨
- Spread throughout the festival area will be exhibits that highlight important periods and events in LGBTQ+ history.
- The exhibits will form a timeline that attendees can follow along, and end at the ArtWalk.
- The goal is to educate attendees on LGBTQ+ history, and also drive a natural flow of traffic to ArtWalk.
🎨 Participation Opportunities 🎨
We are looking for artists to submit their concepts of the closet doors to symbolize the before and after coming out experience (one side before, one side after). Doors can be painted, decorated or altered as long as they remain a functional door that can be opened and closed. Artists have the option to keep the door after the festival, or donate the door to Riverside Pride for charity purposes.
Please submit concept drawings via Artist Application. Check the “More?” checkbox on the form to upload files. We have created a template of a blank door (front, back) that you may use. Please use the description field to explain your concepts as needed, or include verbiage in your concept drawings.
Note: Exact door details, including door size, surface, knob/handle is subject to availability.
Deadline for concept submission: July 4, 2022
We are looking for LGBTQ+ artists to showcase their art at Pride. We are open to all kinds of different art that are suitable for public display purposes, including but not limited to paintings, illustrations, sculptures, or models. Artists by default will retain the art after the event unless otherwise explicitly donated to Riverside Pride.
Please submit links to samples of art, or portfolio on our website via Artist Application. Check the “More?” checkbox on the form to upload files if needed. Please describe what you would like to showcase in the description field.
Deadline for portfolio or concept submission: July 4, 2022
We are looking for artists, artisans and galleries to participate in the market sections throughout ArtWalk at Main Street Plaza. Items for sale must be:
- Artists: Original or reproductions of original work
- Artisans: No commercial item resales, must be handcrafted
- Galleries: Original or reproductions of original works by represented artists
Please submit your interest on our website at Vendor Application.
Thank you very much for your interest in participating in the Riverside’s Inland Empire Pride Art and Culture initiative. If you have any questions, please feel free to email gro.e1708526268iedir1708526268pedis1708526268revir1708526268@tra1708526268.