We are in need of a volunteer to help manage our social media presence. We use a platform called Buffer to help manage, schedule and simultaneously post on our profiles, and the Social Media Coordinator would be in charge of scheduling posts and making sure they follow our marketing plan and guidelines. Posts will include posts about important LGBTQ+ holidays and events, as well as promoting our own events and initiatives.
This role would require a commitment of 3-8 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing responsibility to manage live posting, etc if volunteer desires. Applicants should be:
- Tech savvy, especially with social media and hashtags and accounts.
- Great writing and spelling skills and the ability to win the fight with the 280 character limit on Twitter.
- Familiar with Buffer, preferably, but we can teach you.
- Understand the importance of always maintaining professionalism online.
- Understand the importance of security and keeping our social media accounts safe.
- Can use or learn to use Slack for communicating online with the Marketing Director and other Board Members.
- Has a mobile device and laptop or desktop computer.
- Able to attend some bi-weekly meetings either online or in person to keep in the know about what's happening.
Important: As with every role all the way to the top at Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride, this is an unpaid volunteer role. While we do need someone to commit to a level of dedication, we are flexible and understand everyone has lives and jobs outside of this organization.
To apply for this role, click the link below and make sure to mention in the comments that you're applying for the Social Media Coordinator role.
To apply for this job please visit rivpri.de.