It is incredibly important that we serve as many facets of the LGBTQ+ community as possible. Seniors in the LGBTQ+ community are very underserved and we want to make sure we have someone to make sure they don't get lost in the crowd. Our Director of Senior Outreach would work with the Outreach Director to oversee partnerships with Riverside Senior and Elder communities and organizations and area LGBTQ+ programs. An outreach director with Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride Inc. not only oversees relationships to enrich our festival and other events, but also makes sure that we are connecting with all intersections between events by helping to create programs and education for everyone. In this role, you could expect to spend 15-30 hours per week helping connect people with our organization. Some tasks involve creating and maintaining a “Riverside Senior Pride” group. Establish visibility at our annual Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride event and coordinate regular meetings and events for Riverside LGBTQ+ Seniors. An ideal applicant for this role would be:
- Preferably a member of the senior LGBTQ+ community.
- Organized and responsive to anyone who reaches out.
- Excellent at communication, writing and speaking.
- Able to understand empathize with all of the facets of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Relatively tech savvy, able to use email, chat.
- Able to identify ways in which our organization can service the senior community.
- Able to attend regular meetings online or in person.
Important: As with every role all the way to the top at Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride, this is an unpaid volunteer role. While we do need someone to commit to a level of dedication, we are flexible and understand everyone has lives and jobs outside of this organization.
To apply for this role, click the link below and make sure to mention in the comments that you're applying for the Director of Senior Outreach role.
To apply for this job please visit rivpri.de.