Thank you for your interest in joining the Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride Board of Directors! Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride is a 100% volunteer-powered organization. None of us are paid staff and we can't succeed without committed individuals who donate their time, money and energy to our cause.
2022-2023 Board of Director Election Timeline
- Nomination Period Starts: 9/19/2022
- Nomination Period Ends: 10/19/2022
- Candidates selected and posted: 10/20/2022
- General Annual Meeting: 10/26/2022
Board of Director Qualification
In order to be a candidate to be considered, candidate must:
- Have a minimum of twenty (20) volunteer hours with Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride; and
- Been a member of the organization, in good standing, for sixty (60) days or more; and
- Nominated by another member of the organization in good standing; and
- Complete the Board of Director application form below, which serves as a Letter of Intent
For the purpose of 2022-2023 nomination, member of the organization shall be defined as someone who has:
- Signed up on our newsletter prior to 6/21/2022
- Volunteered with Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride for a minimal of four (4) hours prior to 9/19/2022
Board of Director Duties
All Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride Board of Directors must:
- Board member term is two years
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings, in general virtually on the fourth Wednesday of each month, occasionally in-person
- Contribute $500 annually, whether in direct monetary donation, in kind donation of requested goods, through personal fundraisers, or specific Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride peer-to-peer fundraisers where donors can specifically donate in your name
Amount of hours dedicated to the organization varies by individuals. Generally, you can expect 10-20 hours of work monthly, with spike in hours before major events.
Board of Director Candidate Selection Criteria
The Board of Directors of Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride shall not exceed 9 members. The Board shall take into consideration the following when selecting candidates for the election of the Board:
- The diversity of the board, including but not limited to, age, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion (or non-religious), socio-economic status, education, occupation, and other characteristics that shape a person’s perspective, outlook, experience, and opinion;
- Skills, talents, resources, and other needs for governance of the organization; and
- The purpose and mission of Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride.
Board of Director Application Form
Please note that completion of this application serves as your Letter of Intent to join the Board of Directors of Riverside LGBTQ+ Pride, but does not guarantee that you'll become a candidate on the ballot. Nomination Period Ends: 10/19/2022
The nomination period has closed.